About the Dover Group
The Dover Group is a boutique political consulting firm that specializes in direct mail and digital communications on behalf of progressive candidates, organizations, and causes.
During the 2022 election cycle, The Dover Group is working to help our clients win races across the country by providing them with creative messaging, decades of production experience, cutting-edge tactics, and unrivaled customer service.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Our goal is to build a team that is as diverse as the candidates we work to elect and the constituents they serve. We promote diversity in hiring from the earliest stages of the recruitment process by engaging diverse applicants through partnerships with external organizations that serve candidates who are traditionally underrepresented in the industry. We strive to create a culture of inclusion and belonging by making space for open communication and fostering trust with staff at all levels. Our DEI efforts include an active DEI committee that is empowered to make change.
At The Dover Group, we also believe that representation matters. That’s why we’re committed to continuing to make history by electing people of color, women, and LGBTQ+ Americans, changing the face of leadership to reflect the diversity of people who live in their districts.
Employee Value Statement
At the Dover Group we put a premium on creating a uniquely positive work environment for our employees, whether in the office or working remotely. Our employees value the work they do and the change that they help to make. They take pride in their work, and we strive to create a friendly, positive, and supportive work environment. We place a high importance on professional development as well as personal autonomy and schedule flexibility so that our employees can take care of themselves, their families, and their lives.
We are seeking a graphic designer who can work full time through November 2022 to produce direct mail, campaign literature, campaign collateral, logo and branding concepts, infographics, shareable social media graphics, social media ads, and digital display ads, among other things.
As a part of the Dover Group’s creative team, the graphic designer will report to the Chief Creative Officer and will work with copywriters, other designers, the production team, and senior staff members to produce work that is consistent with the Dover Group’s history of award-winning design.
The graphic designer should be creative, organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable managing several projects at once. We work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, sometimes with irregular hours.
Examples of our work: https://www.doverstrategygroup.com/our-work/
• Work in the Adobe suite to produce visually compelling political communications, including direct mail, digital ads, and other campaign materials like signage and literature
• Create candidate logos and brand guidelines
• Photo editing and basic illustration
• Work collaboratively with other members of the creative team to produce the best possible design
• Proactively communicate with relevant team members as needed (including people working in other office locations)
• Track your work closely to ensure you meet deadlines and nothing falls through the cracks
• The Dover Group is a 100% vaccinated firm. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
• At least one year working as a print designer
• Expertise working with the Adobe suite: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally over email and phone
• Ability to accept and incorporate client feedback with a positive attitude
• Sensitivity to deadlines
• Excellent organizational skills
• Relentless attention to detail
• Experience in print design, including setting up files and packaging materials for print
• Experience producing animated graphics or short videos is a plus, but not required
• Please find a way to mention the phrase “big mac” in your cover letter.
• Flexible schedule and willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, especially during the peak of the campaign season
• Interest in progressive political candidates and causes a plus
• The Dover Group is an equal opportunity employer
• The Dover Group is currently 100% remote, so this position will be remote for the time being. However, a successful applicant will have the option of working from a Dover Group office should the firm return to regular office hours.
• Job training provided
• Salary $45,000 – $55,000 per year, commensurate with experience
• The Dover Group provides health insurance and covers 100% of premiums for employee medical and dental plans
• The Dover Group covers 100% of premiums for basic life insurance
• The Dover Group provides a generous and flexible vacation (up to 15 days annually) and personal leave policy.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Designer” in the subject line.