About the Dover Group
The Dover Group is a boutique political consulting firm that specializes in direct mail and digital communications on behalf of progressive candidates, organizations, and causes.
During the 2022 election cycle, The Dover Group is working to help our clients win races across the country by providing them with creative messaging, decades of production experience, cutting-edge tactics, and unrivaled customer service.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Our goal is to build a team that is as diverse as the candidates we work to elect and the constituents they serve. We promote diversity in hiring from the earliest stages of the recruitment process by engaging diverse applicants through partnerships with external organizations that serve candidates who are traditionally underrepresented in the industry. We strive to create a culture of inclusion and belonging by making space for open communication and fostering trust with staff at all levels. Our DEI efforts include an active DEI committee that is empowered to make change.
At The Dover Group, we also believe that representation matters. That’s why we’re committed to continuing to make history by electing people of color, women, and LGBTQ+ Americans, changing the face of leadership to reflect the diversity of people who live in their districts.
Employee Value Statement
At the Dover Group we put a premium on creating a uniquely positive work environment for our employees, whether in the office or working remotely. Our employees value the work they do and the change that they help to make. They take pride in their work, and we strive to create a friendly, positive, and supportive work environment. We place a high importance on professional development as well as personal autonomy and schedule flexibility so that our employees can take care of themselves, their families, and their lives.
Direct Mail Production Manager
The Dover Group is looking to hire a production manager to help us win up and down the ballot in the 2022 election cycle. This position is a full-time temporary position and will last through November 2022.
This is a client-facing role. The production manager will work directly with local, statewide, and federal Democratic campaigns in targeted races across the country, managing the production of their direct mail programs from concept, copywriting, and design to client approval, printing, mailing, and delivery. In other words, they will be responsible for keeping the trains running on time, so our mail campaigns run smoothly, and our candidates WIN!
The candidate should be highly organized, relentlessly detail-oriented, comfortable managing several projects at once, and willing to take initiative to solve problems as they arise. The candidate should also thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to keep projects moving according to their deadlines.
• Develop great working relationships with designers, copywriters, clients, printers, and mail houses. Ensure all parties have the resources they need to do their jobs.
• Draft budgets and work collaboratively with the rest of the client team to develop strategic approach unique to each client.
• Clearly outline schedules and expectations to clients and vendors then communicate with them daily to meet deadlines.
• Work collaboratively with the Dover team. Run daily calls with relevant team members.
• Work with printers and mail houses to submit art and approve mail for print.
• Track mail once it enters the postal system.
• Nimbly and quickly identify any disturbances in mail production and work with the client team to resolve them.
• Track your work closely to meet deadlines and ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
• The Dover Group is a 100% vaccinated firm. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Democratic political campaign experience preferred
• Excellent organizational skills. Experience in project management is a plus.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally over email and phone
• In your cover letter, please find a way to mention the phrase “big mac”
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
• Experience in Smartsheet and/or the Adobe design suite is a plus
• Ability to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends during the peak of campaign season.
• The Dover Group is an equal opportunity employer
• The Dover Group is currently 100% remote, so this position will be remote for the time being. However, a successful applicant will have the option of working from a Dover Group office should the firm return to regular office hours.
• Job training provided
• Salary $45,000 – $65,000 per year, commensurate with experience
• The Dover Group provides additional stipend support for health insurance costs
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include “Production Manager” in the subject line.