About the Dover Group
The Dover Group is a boutique political consulting firm that specializes in direct mail and digital communications on behalf of progressive candidates, organizations, and causes.
During the 2022 election cycle, The Dover Group is working to help our clients win races across the country by providing them with creative messaging, decades of production experience, cutting-edge tactics, and unrivaled customer service.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Our goal is to build a team that is as diverse as the candidates we work to elect and the constituents they serve. We promote diversity in hiring from the earliest stages of the recruitment process by engaging diverse applicants through partnerships with external organizations that serve candidates who are traditionally underrepresented in the industry. We strive to create a culture of inclusion and belonging by making space for open communication and fostering trust with staff at all levels. Our DEI efforts include an active DEI committee that is empowered to make change.
At The Dover Group, we also believe that representation matters. That’s why we’re committed to continuing to make history by electing people of color, women, and LGBTQ+ Americans, changing the face of leadership to reflect the diversity of people who live in their districts.
Employee Value Statement
At the Dover Group we put a premium on creating a uniquely positive work environment for our employees, whether in the office or working remotely. Our employees value the work they do and the change that they help to make. They take pride in their work, and we strive to create a friendly, positive, and supportive work environment. We place a high importance on professional development as well as personal autonomy and schedule flexibility so that our employees can take care of themselves, their families, and their lives.
Vice President for Production
The Dover Group is looking to hire a VICE PRESIDENT FOR PRODUCTION to manage, guide, and work with our direct mail team.
The VP for Production will become an expert on our internal processes and work with the entire team to ensure we are using the best, most efficient practices for producing direct mail advertising. In instances where the VP for Production sees areas where improvements can be made, that person will be empowered to work with the senior leadership team to make changes happen.
The VP for Production will work with the production team, mentor them, and regularly check in with them on their projects.
In addition to leading the team, the VP for Production may be asked to handle some production responsibilities for local, statewide, and federal Democratic campaigns in targeted races across the country, managing the production from concept, copywriting, and design to client approval, printing, mailing, delivery, and invoicing.
The candidate should be highly organized, detail-¬oriented, and comfortable managing several projects and people at once. The person should be a problem-solver who takes initiative. They should thrive in a fast-paced environment, ensure projects stay on track to meet all deadlines, be methodical and consistent in their work, but also be able to adapt to changing client needs on a moment’s notice.
Candidates with print production experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Oversee the workflow, efficiency, and effectiveness of the entire production team,
• Manage Dover’s internal processes and establish best practices for producing direct mail,
• Serve as a guide and resource for the staff as it pertains to mail production,
• Develop great working relationships with the production team, designers, copywriters, clients, printers, and mail houses. Ensure all parties have the resources they need to do their jobs,
• Work collaboratively with the Dover team and proactively communicate with relevant team members every day (including people working outside the Chicago office).
• Provide QC and QA for direct mail budgets and invoices for our products and services,
• Work with printers and mail houses to ensure strong relationships between them and Dover,
• Nimbly and quickly identify any disturbances in mail production and work with production staff to resolve them,
• Administer internal online systems necessary for Dover’s collaborative work processes.
• The Dover Group is a 100% vaccinated firm. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of print production experience
• Democratic political campaign experience preferred
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience in project management
• Experience managing people is a plus.
• Relentless attention to detail.
• In your cover letter, please find a way to mention the phrase “big mac”.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally over email, phone, and video conferencing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
• Experience in Smartsheets, Dropbox, Salesforce, and/or the Adobe design suite is a plus
• Flexible schedule and ability to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends during the peak of campaign season
• The Dover Group is an equal opportunity employer
• The Dover Group is currently 100% remote, so this position will be remote for the time being. However, a successful applicant will have the option of working from a Dover Group office should the firm return to regular office hours.
• Job training provided
• Salary $75,000 – $90,000 per year, commensurate with experience
• The Dover Group provides health insurance and covers 100% of premiums for employee medical and dental plans
• The Dover Group covers 100% of premiums for basic life insurance
• The Dover Group provides a generous and flexible vacation (up to 15 days annually) and personal leave policy
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include “VP for Production” in the subject line.